Houston… the right direction!
As the 4th largest city in the nation, Houston offers everything you've heard: home of the Texas Medical Center and some of the best healthcare in the nation, out-of-this-world NASA Space Center, cosmopolitan urban and expansive suburban areas, and let's not forget...a population filled with diversity and culture.
Some more pleasant surprises: Houston offers a booming economy and one of the best bargains when it comes to housing and cost of living. It is second (New York is first) to the home of at least 21 Fortune 500 companies. It is a city where you can experience award-winning and upscale dining
to casual deli shops...and everywhere you go you'll meet warm and friendly people! Houston is definitely the right city and with our relocation compass, we’re here to lead you the way!
Here are just of few of the many features in Houston that makes quality of life unmatched!!
Video: Best Day of My Life
Houston's weather can be unpredictable and somewhat of a challenge for our local meteorologists, but you can take heart in knowing that if you’re not happy with the weather, then continue driving for another mile or two, or just wait a few minutes because a little sunshine and a spectacular rainbow is coming your way! Houston has an average winter maximum temperature of 64°F and an average summer maximum temperature of 92°F. With the humidity and occasional thunderstorms, Houston’s weather being a favorite to the typical herb gardener contributes towards the lush landscaping, majestic Oak trees, and year round outdoor activities enjoyed by many Houstonians in parks, playgrounds, lakes, beaches, championship golf courses and a multitude of international and local events. Current Weather Conditions
- Houston offers neighborhoods and housing options to suit any lifestyle
—whether you are considering to rent or to buy. You’ll find a variety of homes including downtown lofts, trendy high rise condominiums, charming Victorian cottages, lovely bungalows, ranch style homes, mediterranean, and contemporary to new construction single family homes, patio homes, and even waterfront homesites in both urban and suburban communities…all very convenient with many options to suit your tastes and budget.
- The city of Houston
is consistently rated and has one of the lowest costs of living anywhere in the country. Click here for comparison and detailed data. Houston’s housing costs 44 percent below the national average in comparison to cities with more than 2 million people.
- Houston is an educational gold mine. Its public and private primary and secondary schools continually strive for excellence. From some of the top magnet schools in the country offering young people opportunities in the health care and the performing arts professions to top colleges and universities, Houston’s intellectual community will enhance and improve your education for both personal and professional goals. Educational information
- Houston has more than 526 city and county parks totaling over 19,635 acres with all sorts of amenities including miles and miles of walking trails, playgrounds, skate parks, pools, lakes and boating, dog parks, baseball and soccer fields, picnic areas and community centers.
- Houston offers residents three new, high-tech sports arenas—Minute Maid Park for the Astros baseball team, Reliant Stadium for the Houston Texans football team, and Toyota Center for the Houston Rockets basketball and the Houston Aeros hockey teams. Sports information
- Houston is home to nine world-class performing arts organizations including the internationally renowned Houston Grand Opera as well as the outdoor Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in near by The Woodlands. It is one of the few cities in the country with resident companies for all four major performing arts: ballet, drama, opera and symphony. Arts information
- Shopping is enjoyable! From the beautifully centralized Galleria, with quality national chains to high-end boutiques, the many casual shops in Montrose, the Heights, and Rice Village, Houston is the smart shopper’s paradise! You’ll manage to find something for everyone on your list quickly and in your budget! And after shopping to your hearts content, dine in any one of the many restaurants to satisfy your cravings, and at the end of the day enjoy your favorite drink or dance to your favorite music at one of the downtown bars and nightclubs.
- The Texas Medical Center is one of the largest incorporated medical centers in the world, with 42 institutions. Many of the patient care institutions rank among the biggest and best, attracting individuals from all over the world for treatment, healthcare, and employment.
For more information about the city of Houston, please contact us or visit our webpage: Helpful Websites.